International Travel – Tips to Save Money
During International Travel, whenever we travel to any new country for the first time, the commuting expenses can be a big drain on our personal finances. Here we discuss some of the ways to conserve our personal finances while travelling abroad for the first time.
1) During international Travel, If you have to travel throughout the country / through different countries, then one of the ways to save money is to try to get a rail pass, for example- a Euro Rail pass – if you are travelling in Europe. This allows you discounted travels in Europe Railway network. (In fact, the Euro Rail Pass is a very convenient way of travelling by rail through Europe ). Also, Euro Rail pass can be used in different rail networks. It is not confined to any one network. This helps you to save money by not having to buy separate tickets each and every time you board a different train, and thus it is easy on your personal finances.
2) Once you come out of the airport, then try to take the metro / shuttle bus / ordinary bus / shared taxis, while going to your hotel. Believe me, they can help you save a lot of money
3) Also, to cut down on your travel expenses and to save money, try to book a hotel which is in the city center / close to the city center and is in your reach. The benefit is that when you are located close to the city centre, you have easy access to shopping malls, food courts / shops / hospitals, travel agencies. So this basically saves money and time while avoiding to commute unnecessarily.
4) Among the easiest ways to save money during International Travel is – Try to avoid Taxis, for taxi fares can be enormous. Take a Bus / Tram instead. For example, in European cities, there is a good network of Trams which run throughout the city. They cost less and thus will help you save money while enjoying the beautiful city.
5) Also, if possible and wherever available, take the underground metro. This is also one of the ways to save money and time. If you go by a taxi, then you might be stuck up in a traffic jam, which means that you will have to pay extra fare to the taxi driver and also lose valuable time. It would be an unnecessary strain on your personal finances.
6) Furthermore, during international travel, If you know someone in that city, (where you are travelling for the first time), just request them to pick you up from your hotel. This will again save money for you in travelling expenses.
Here we have discussed some international travel tips and related ways to save money. For more such useful ideas, do visit & subscribe to our blog.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article. As always, comments are welcome and encouraged. Cheers…